Trumpism Lost - Big

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
Trumpism lost big in California.

I wonder if the Trumper‘s are thinking the same as this individual?

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto:

Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor would reportedly write in his diary, “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

Mace Canute

Blabbermouth
Trumpism lost big in California.

I wonder if the Trumper‘s are thinking the same as this individual?

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto:

Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor would reportedly write in his diary, “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”
Except...from YAMAMOTO'S 'SLEEPING GIANT' QUOTE AWAKENS A GIGANTIC ARGUMENT...that "quote" is a line from the movie Tora! Tora! Tora!

California

TNTeenager
Trumpism lost big in California. ...
I dunno man. On the ground here Trumpism is a continual threat. Dems control state government. But for one example many, perhaps most, county sheriffs (58 counties) have declared they won't assist a business owner who wants the mask mandate enforced in their county. Those sheriffs reflect the conservative voters who campaigned to put them in office.

All of the larger urban counties where most of the population lives vote liberal, but most of the rural counties with small populations - but most of the geographic area of the state - seem to get their news from Limbaugh-style talk radio and vote accordingly.

Limbaugh got his start here 40 years ago and immediately found an enthusiastic audience. It was ugly then, as now.

PRNDL

Social Butterfly
Mass mailout ballots in a Democrat controlled state is a sure win.

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
One thing that can be truthfully said. Trumpism is not conservatism. The recall election orchestrated by them cost the tax payers of California in excess of 215 million dollars.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
One thing that can be truthfully said. Trumpism is not conservatism. The recall election orchestrated by them cost the tax payers of California in excess of 215 million dollars.

How much of the $215M was $$$ doled out by Newsom .. to buy votes .. in the weeks before the Vote?

California

TNTeenager
No, this was only the cost of administering the recall. And $277M to over $400M are the more recent estimates. All of that paid by State and particularly county governments to set up and run the election.

Cost to advocate for or against the recall is in addition to the administrative expense. I haven't seen any numbers but the cost to fundraisers and lobbyists must have been substantial. All for nothing.

Newsom's term in office ends in a little over a year, making this recall effort now even more silly. You have to wonder why it was attempted. Who was behind it?

California

TNTeenager
Good news. Even my conservative neighbors were just now ranting about how foolish that recall election was. "We're conservative but that was nuts!!!"

They're the type you would find at an anti-abortion demonstration so I was a little surprised to have our conversation turn that way when we had started talking about the City clearing a huge branch out of the street.

Maybe the conservative loon faction is declining, finally, and going back to thoughtful conservative, as they reconsider and realize that the attack on Congress really wasn't supported by as many people as they had thought.

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
Good news. Even my conservative neighbors were just now ranting about how foolish that recall election was. "We're conservative but that was nuts!!!"

They're the type you would find at an anti-abortion demonstration so I was a little surprised to have our conversation turn that way when we had started talking about the City clearing a huge branch out of the street.

Maybe the conservative loon faction is declining, finally, and going back to thoughtful conservative, as they reconsider and realize that the attack on Congress really wasn't supported by as many people as they had thought.
Let us hope so.

JerryBob

Peanut Gallery
I dunno man. On the ground here Trumpism is a continual threat. Dems control state government. But for one example many, perhaps most, county sheriffs (58 counties) have declared they won't assist a business owner who wants the mask mandate enforced in their county. Those sheriffs reflect the conservative voters who campaigned to put them in office.

All of the larger urban counties where most of the population lives vote liberal, but most of the rural counties with small populations - but most of the geographic area of the state - seem to get their news from Limbaugh-style talk radio and vote accordingly.

Limbaugh got his start here 40 years ago and immediately found an enthusiastic audience. It was ugly then, as now.
So true....most rural area around the country have the same issue....worth adding.....most are white and the sherriffs mentioned are white as well.....it is their only hope for holding on to power......the country has changed.....the rural communities are just taking a lot longer.

PRNDL

Social Butterfly
Did you make up that phony meme all by yourself ? You're such a sweet boy.